Words: Game | Photography: Sarah J. Edwards
We thought there couldn’t be a better person other than Game to dish out some confidence boosting tips to you all.
“OK, it’s ‘Ten Essential Ways To Boost Your Confidence’, by The Game.”
1. Alright, ways that I boost my confidence. You know, spending time with family is always a confidence booster.
2. ...if you have kids, spend a lot of time with them. Kids always bring that inspiration and that motivation.
3. Would be find something that you did as a child, that brought you a tremendous amount of joy. We all have that kid somewhere living inside us and sometimes we’ve just got to channel him sometimes, when we get into those dark places.
4. Take a ride. A long ride somewhere, maybe two or three hours somewhere. If you can get someone to drive you, it’s even better, someone that’s always good company and you take a ride through the valley or down a long road or something like that.
5. For me, would be to smoke a little green, that’s always a confidence booster for me. Some people it’s makes them lazy, but for me man, good green definitely puts me on the right track.
6. Pick up a hobby like maybe boxing or karate. Some sport where you can just diminish the frustrations.
7. Watch an old lady nourish her garden. Yeah! Looking out the window as a child, I used to have this old lady next door named, Mrs. Cooper and you know every morning at like 5.30am, 6am, she would go outside and nourish her garden. Cut the grass and pull the weeds up and clip the flowers and what have you. And I’d always be at my window getting dressed and be like, ‘What’s the old lady doing?’ but as I grew older I kind of understood that she took pride in her home and that it was hers.
8. Now this is where they get tricky right here. Haaa. Number eight, would be to leave your surroundings and take a vacation. Anywhere, you know? Maybe even plan it, you know? Take a vacation somewhere you’ve never been and you’ve always wanted to go. Again, bring good company or go alone, depending on how comfortable you are with yourself and your travels. A good vacation is always great.
9. Get a male or female companion to give you a massage. You know, rub you down. Start at the temples and end at soles of your feet. It’s always worked for me.
10. Last but definitely not least would be to just have great sex. It’s always inspirational, you know. That’s that, get up and go. So, that would be ten!
Print edition available here. Also starring James, McAvoy, Kasabian, Rinko Kikuchi, Janelle Monae, The Raconteurs, Amy Winehouse and more.
£8.00 including standard shipping
By purchasing this edition, you agree you to not scan, photograph or reproduce any portion, imagery, written text or art or anything from inside the edition for online or personal use.
You may contact us directly in writing with requests for content usage, aggregation or requests to be presented to the publishers and respective talent for consideration.
Interview by Sally A. Edwards Art by Phil Frost “The people that violate the originators are an absurdist violent calamity of a diluted mediocrity.” US... View full product details
Interview & Photography: Sarah J. Edwards Shot on location at www.elmslesters.co.uk Hair by Keiichiro Hirano Make-up by Terry Barber Helen McCrory is a British... View full product details
This edition has now sold out. Here's an excerpt from the interview by Sally A. Edwards Photography by Sarah J. Edwards I could write a... View full product details
Interview: Sally A. Edwards | Photography: Sarah J. Edwards James McAvoy returns to London's Trafalgar Studios from January 16th to April 11th for The Ruling... View full product details